Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Place your underpants and shoes in this bin.

As I'm preparing for my departure next week out of Newark, NJ, I can't help but question the state of our security in our nation right now. Yes I have been watching too much CNN but I am amazed at how neglectful our country has become with the safety of it's own people. I feel that our country has put their noses too far into other people's business and has forgotten about their own. How in the world has Newark airport gone without cameras for the last 7 days! Wouldn't the bomb scare on Christmas day be enough to say hellooo, maybe we should get with the program. Considering the bombers flew through Newark, I would say somebody needs to get their pitbulls in check. Because we have a new president does not mean this war of nine years now has gone away. Terrorists are still very much at large and have no intentions of surrendering. Yes, Obama came into a huge mess that is too large for any one person to handle. We can be hopeful about having a new president but we shouldn't get too comfy because the poor guy has a lot of cleaning up to do. As with life, he can try his best to clean but there will always be mess to be made. I hate all the finger pointing and bad mouthing but polishing your nails should be done off the clock. I am sincerely grateful for the safety that has been provided to us for the last decade. As much as I hate bush he too tried hard for our safety. Can you imagine how many prospect terrorists have been ceased because of the hard work of our last President and current. And now, let me say that I don't believe in war and god bless all of the soldier's and families that have fought for our protection. With that all said, what is it with those people bitching about x-ray body search being too invasive? Someone almost blew up 300 people last week with a bomb the size of a post it note! I sure to hell hope someone is checking out every one's underpants and inner earlobes! I'm sure it would be a different story if their loved one was on that plane. So now the question is, do you treat this guy as a terrorists and torture him or give him a lawyer and 3 full meals per day. Don't just think that you as an American get all the benefits, yep so do the guys trying to blow our country to pieces. This guy has no obligation to say anything because he has a criminal charge and not a terrorists charge. I'm fully in favor of my rights as a U.S. citizen, but not his. Do all of us a favor, he wanted to kill himself anyway!

As painful as it is waiting and being searched at the airport for 3 hours, nothing is more important than being safe. Please everyone, have some patience, be nice to the people working in the airport, and don't sleep on the airplane!


Oh and did anyone see Joan Rivers on CNN about the security in the Costa Rica Airport. She made me want to vomit, what a joke.

Thanks for listening :)


Has anyone seen this man? Anyone?



Smoore

1 comment:

  1. I think everyone in Washington is busy with the health care bill; which IS important but not as much of a priority as national security...they kind of dropped the ball on that one in Newark, huh?

    ReplyDelete