Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blogtastic

Yea I know, I'm officially a blogging nerd now. There are a few reasons why I have opened myself up to the world of Blogging. Firstly, who new you can make money blogging (feel free to visit my page as much as humanly possible:). Well, of course it's not about the few cents I'll make from those obnoxious ads, but a nice perk. As most of you know, I am departing January 13Th from JFK and flying into Quito, Ecuador. I will be returning home on April 13Th. Because hopefully all of you love me, you may be interested in reading about my travels (and tribulations). I am traveling alone so it is also nice to leave a so called paperish trail so that you all can be accountable for me! I will also be posting a few pictures on here for for your visual desires. Thirdly or fourthly, this blogging thing is opening me up to new realizations. I think that this will open up my senses more to my surroundings to make for better reading pleasures and a deeper travel experience. Lastly, writing is a good thing and it's good to practice to keep your thoughts rolling, right?
So here is my tentative schedule for the next three months. Never mind, I don't have one. After my last two adventures (Turkey and Costa Rica) I realized that I really just want to go with the flow. I felt that Turkey and Costa Rica were way too structured and that I just want the ultimate freedom to do whatever it is my heart desires at any given moment. So this blog should be rather interesting because I too have no idea of what I'm getting myself into :) Okay, okay, I fibbed, so there is one structured piece of my journey. A stipulation from being a bad money saver. It shouldn't put a huge yield on my ideal freeing adventure. Anyway, I will be volunteering at a hostel in Quito Ecuador for 1 month. The hostel is called "The Secret Garden". While I am there I will bar tend or work the front desk for a bed, food, alcohol and Spanish lessons. Can't beat that right? It should be a good opportunity for me to meet a lot of travelers and lay out a good route for my travels to come. The hostel also has a sister hostel in Cotopaxi, Ecuador.
Apparently a mountaneous magical place and if I sell rooms for them I will get a monetary bonus :) I will be staying my first couple days there to get an understanding of what they offer and then back to Quito to work. As far as the rest of the trip, I hope to get to Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina. Stay tuned!

While I am gone for the next three months, I will be using a different email address. Smoore224@gmail.com. Send me some love, I look forward to hearing from all of you and all about your exciting winter :)
P.S. Thanks for reading this
Love ya'll, Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, we hope you have a wonderful time and experience in Ecuador (plus more!) We look forward to hearing about your updates and to see how the world will impact you, and how you will impact the world.

    -Emlyn & Cultural Embrace Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice trip...Be safe...

    Stefan

    ReplyDelete